Re: [Pnet-developers] Draw Text outlined

From: Marc Haisenko
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Draw Text outlined
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:43:45 +0200

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 08:02, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to draw a text outlined with no filling (transparent).
>
> See image.
>  <<outline.jpg>>
>
> Do someone know, how I can do this with Xlib?
>
> TIA
>
> Heiko

You could possibly fake it, though this would be rather slow and very
primitive (e.g. the outline resulting from this code would be one pixel
thick):

Pseudo-code:

double offset = 0.0;
foreach (char c in text)
{
        double width = MeasureString(c).Width;
        DrawChar(x + offset - 1, y - 1, c, outlineColor);
        DrawChar(x + offset + 1, y - 1, c, outlineColor);
        DrawChar(x + offset - 1, y + 1, c, outlineColor);
        DrawChar(x + offset + 1, y + 1, c, outlineColor);
        DrawChar(x + offset, y, c, inlineColor);
        offset += width;
}

--
Marc Haisenko