[Pnet-developers] [bug #13595] Form with Icon crashes on Win32 ilrun

From: Erich Kitzmüller
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bug #13595] Form with Icon crashes on Win32 ilrun
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 05:58:49 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #13595 (project dotgnu-pnet):

I think the bug is in DrawingTopLevelWindow.HandleFromBitmap:

private IntPtr HandleFromBitmap(Frame frame, bool andMask)
        {
                // By default we use the data straight from the frame.
                byte[] data = frame.Data;
                if (andMask)
                {
                        //TODO: this could be slow.
                        // Create a new image that we will copy the pixels to,
leaving the masked
pixels black.
                        DotGNU.Images.Image newImage  = new
DotGNU.Images.Image(frame.Width,
frame.Height, frame.PixelFormat);

// --> frame.PixelFormat is indexed for Icons, isn't it

                        Frame newFrame = newImage.AddFrame();

// --> newFrame doesn't have a palette yet

                        data = new byte[data.Length];
                        for (int y = 0; y < frame.Height; y++)
                        {
                                for (int x = 0; x < frame.Width; x++)
                                {
                                        if (frame.GetMask(x, y) != 0)
                                                newFrame.SetPixel(x, y,
frame.GetPixel(x, y));

// --> SetPixel crashes when called on a frame without palette

                                }
                        }
                        data = newFrame.Data;
                }