[Pnet-developers] Focus bug

From: Marc Haisenko
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Focus bug
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:36:26 +0100

Hi folks,
I've notices that dotGNU/SWF doesn't correctly implement the focus handling:
if you click on a label or panel it gets the input focus which is nonsense.

Now I'd like to know how to correctly fix this. SWF.Control.CanFocus looks
like this:

public bool CanFocus
  {
    get
    {
      return (Visible && Enabled && GetStyle(ControlStyles.Selectable));
    }
  }

So by setting ControlStyles.Selectable to false prevents a control from
receiving the input focus (I've tested this with Label, works as expected).

I guess we now have two options: opt-in or opt-out. Should we specifically
mark each control that is NOT able to receive the input focus (by doing
SetStyle(ControlStyles.Selectable, false) in the constructor) or should be
specifcally mark each control that IS able to receive the input focus ? I'm
not quite sure how this is implemented in MS .NET, but I guess they mark each
control that can NOT receive an input focus.

C'ya,
        Marc

--
Marc Haisenko