[Pnet-developers] [bugs #12231] Problem with resolving fully qualified s

From: Radek Polak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #12231] Problem with resolving fully qualified static metod from referenced dlls - reopen
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:47 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bugs #12231 (project dotgnu-pnet):

scope->lookup is function that is trying to find method Test() in
MyNamespace. The function is different when we are using "using" directive
and if we omit it.

Function ILScopeUsing in cg_scope.c is called for each "using" directive and
sets working lookup function:

        /* Change the lookup function to one which handles "using" clauses */
        scope->lookup = UsingScope_Lookup;

Calling UsingScope_Lookup is then succesfull for "MyNamespace" symbol.

However if we omit "using" directive, then NormalScope_Lookup function is
used and this function fails to find MyNamespace.

This points out, that the problem can be in NormalScope_Lookup.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12231>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/