Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: Java bug reports

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: Java bug reports
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 06:29:18 +1000

On Thursday 06 January 2005 06:32 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> I am working on fixing the bugs as well.
> I will stop reporting now, and start fixing them.

That would be appreciated.

However, if you are working on them, then there is no need to report a bug.
Instead, post a patch once you have fixed it.  Reporting a bug should be
reserved for an issue that you don't intend to fix yourself or are having
difficulty addressing.

There is no need to inform us as to what you are working on.  If, in the
unlikely circumstance, that two people address the same problem at the same
time, we already have procedures to evaluate both patches and combine them to
get the best result.

Cheers,

Rhys.