[Pnet-developers] [bugs #10360] System.Drawing.Bitmap.LockBits unimpleme

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #10360] System.Drawing.Bitmap.LockBits unimplemented

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #10360] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Wed 09/15/2004 at 23:29 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Fix committed to CVS - 16 Sep 2004.  I implemented a slightly
more efficient version as it isn't necessary to make a copy of
the image.

[bugs #10360] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Ovidiu Sabou
On: Sun 09/12/2004 at 06:02

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  the LockBits and UnlockBits from Bitmap class are not
implemented. My project which uses OpenGL for drawing calls those functions to
get the bitmap data in order to pass it to the opengl texture generator. Since
pnet stores the bitmap data in a managed array, a conversion from managed to
unmanaged must be done with the DotGNU.Images.Frame.Data. Patch modifies the
Utils class from DotGNU.Images from internal to public ( in order for some
functions to be used by LockBits inside System.Drawing) and also implements
those functions. It is only meants to be used for read only purposes. So any
modifications made to the BitmapData after locking will be lost. UnlockBits
doesn't make any modifications to the bitmap, it only sets free the memory
pointed by Scan0 pointer

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 09/15/2004 at 23:29       By: Rhys Weatherley <rweather>
Fix committed to CVS - 16 Sep 2004.  I implemented a slightly
more efficient version as it isn't necessary to make a copy of
the image.

File Attachments
-------------------

Date: Mon 09/13/2004 at 13:36  Name: ovidiu-040913.patch  Size: 6.09KB   By: