Re: [Pnet-developers] Diagnostics and Configuration problems

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Diagnostics and Configuration problems
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 07:56:43 +1000

On Thursday 02 September 2004 07:39 am, Dominique Canazzi wrote:

> When invoked (cscc conftest.cs -o conftest.exe), the compiler complains
> about unknown type 'TraceSwitch".
> In order to compile properly, I must invoke 'cscc conftest.exe -o
> conftest.exe -lSystem'.
> That works, but does not sound very normal.

I designed it that way on purpose.  Only mscorlib is included by default,
which is consistent with gcc which will only include libc by default.
Because pnet has multiple profiles, some of which do not include every
library, it is impractical to make cscc add "everything" by default.

> When running, the program always outputs 'Off', ignoring the content of
> conftest.exe.config
>
> I'm very new to DotGnu, so I probably missed something evident.
>
> Has anyone an idea? Is it a known problem?

It might be a problem.  Diagnostic settings haven't been heavily tested yet.
Could you log this in the Savannah bug database, together with the contents
of your conftest.exe.config file?

Cheers,

Rhys.