[Pnet-developers] ILType_Invalid on verifier stack?

From: Andre 'Ilu' Seidelt
Subject: [Pnet-developers] ILType_Invalid on verifier stack?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:15:30 +0200

Hi Rhys, hi all,

I found something that needs some explanation for me.
As mentioned before, I try to record the stack contents of the verifier when
walking the stack for later usage.

Right now I preserve the contents at every IL_OP_CALLVIRT, first thing
there is now to call ILSetStackDump(coder, stack, stackSize).
Now I have several cases where the contents of the stack is a ILEngineType_O,
but the typeInfo for that entry contains ILType_Invalid (NULL).

It seems to be inserted in cmvc_obj.c::CVMCoder_LoadThisField()
but what does that mean? I think I can't use the stack on such occasions,
because I can't get the type for the values where no typeInfo exists...

regards
   Ilu

PS: a dump from such a location looks like that ("NULL=" beeing the value in typeInfo):