[Pnet-developers] dotnim Example

From: murphy
Subject: [Pnet-developers] dotnim Example
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:54:13 -0400 (EDT)

Trying to find working examples for dotGNU that will run via X11 on my Mac
(Powerbook G3 400, 1GB RAM, with pnet installed from the openDarwin DMG
file), and this is what I get when I try to run (ilrun nim.exe) from X11:

Uncaught exception: Xsharp.XCannotConnectException: X/Windows library is
not present, or could not be
located on the library search path. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: A
required DLL file was not found
        at Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application, Boolean)
        at Xsharp.Display.Open(String, Application, Boolean) in
./Display.cs:248
        at Xsharp.Application..ctor(String, String[]) in ./Application.cs:251
        at System.Drawing.Toolkit.DrawingToolkit..ctor() in
./DrawingToolkit.cs:49
        at System.Reflection.ClrConstructor.Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder,
Object[], CultureInfo)
        at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[]) in
./System/Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:61
        at System.Drawing.Toolkit.ToolkitManager.CreateDefaultToolkit() in
./Toolkit/ToolkitManager.cs:262
        at System.Drawing.Toolkit.ToolkitManager.get_Toolkit() in
./Toolkit/ToolkitManager.cs:46
        at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ClientToBounds(Size) in ./Form.cs:1496
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetClientSizeCore(Int32, Int32) in
./Control.cs:2606
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_ClientSize(Size) in
./Control.cs:463
        at com.thisiscool.csharp.nim.ui.MessageForm.LayoutControls()
        at com.thisiscool.csharp.nim.ui.MessageForm..ctor()
        at com.thisiscool.csharp.nim.ui.NimForm..ctor()
        at com.thisiscool.csharp.nim.ui.NimForm.Main()

        at Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application, Boolean) in
./Display.cs:233
[...]

It looks to me like it can't locate XSharp libraries, but I thought that
was installed with the package. Any ideas what else might be holding this
up?

Thanks,

Jason M. Batchelor