Re: [Pnet-developers] ILCoderTryHandlerStart

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] ILCoderTryHandlerStart
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 10:45:45 +1000

On Sunday 09 May 2004 05:48 am, Rich Baumann wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>       I've been trying to figure out how to fix the nested try-catch bug, but
> I'm not exactly sure how the exception tables work. Would it work to
> output ILCoderTryHandlerStarts with offsets/lengths which are within the
> range of another ILCoderTryHandlerStart's setting for the same method,
> or does the coder require that the method always be split into
> consecutive regions?

If regions do overlap, then they should be ordered from inner-most scope to
outer-most, so that inner regions are encountered first when the handlers are
scanned.

The code in OutputExceptionTable tries to serialize these relationships into a
set of consequetive areas, but I suppose it would be possible to output
overlapping regions as long as the correct ordering is maintained.

Cheers,

Rhys.