Re: [Pnet-developers] CVS update syntax?

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] CVS update syntax?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:49:55 +1000

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 10:41 am, WC Jones wrote:
> The command
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet co .
>
> generates a lot of ? (question marks) on my local CVS -- what is the
> correct command to get NEW files?
>
> Should I just delete my local copy of CVS and start over ?

The easiest way to do an update is to cd into the "pnet", "pnetlib", etc
directories and type "cvs -z3 update -d".

You shouldn't need to start over each time, although it is recommended that
you regularly do "make distclean", "./auto_gen.sh", and "./configure", since
sometimes the build system changes enough to require a reconfig.

The '?' lines refer to files that are in your local copy, but not the CVS
server.  These are normally generated by the build process itself, so they
are OK.  Most such files are referenced in the ".cvsignore" files, but some
may have slipped through.  Let us know which ones and we'll try to fix
".cvsignore" appropriately.

Cheers,

Rhys.