Re: [Pnet-developers] FormsTest.exe crashes on Mac OS X

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] FormsTest.exe crashes on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:45:01 +1000

On Saturday 30 August 2003 05:46 am, Enrique Zamudio wrote:
> When I go to the Buttons tab, and pass the mouse over one of the top
> buttons (no clicking whatsoever), the app crashes with this:
>
> Uncaught exception: System.NullReferenceException: The value 'null' was
> found where an instance of an object was required
>         at System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick() in ./Button.cs:60
>         at System.Drawing.Toolkit.DrawingWindow.OnPointerMotion(Int32,
> Int32, ModifierMask) in ./DrawingWindow.cs:494

This really threw me, since OnPointerMotion doesn't actually call PerformClick
in the code!  Thankfully, I could reproduce it on GNU/Linux x86 also.

After some investigation, it turned out to be due to the Interface Method
Table (IMT) patch that I added about 6 weeks ago - somehow the PerformClick
method was being put into the interface slot for OnPointerMotion.  Amazingly,
it never fired before now.

I've temporarily disabled IMT's and it is working again.  You'll need to
rebuild pnet to get the fix.  I'll try to figure out why IMT's are failing
and check in a real fix later.

Cheers,

Rhys.