Re: [Pnet-developers] Portable.Net Win32 Compile from CVS ?

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Portable.Net Win32 Compile from CVS ?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:44:58 +1000

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 11:30 am, Andrew Tierney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone point me to a script/batch file to compile
> portable.net/gnudotnet from the CVS tree ?
>
> I have already downloaded the latest version from cvs, just need to know
> how to proceed.
> Can I use VS.NET or can I cross build on Mandrake Linux 9.1 ??

You need the Cygwin environment to build for Windows, as described in the
"pnet/HACKING" file.  You also need to run the "./auto_gen.sh" script first.

    http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

While it may be theoretically possible to get pnet to build with VS, I don't
use it and I don't recommend it.  It is easier to install and use Cygwin.

Cheers,

Rhys.