[Pnet-developers] [bug #4743] cscc - bogus "excess elements in XXX inita

From: nobody
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4743] cscc - bogus "excess elements in XXX initalizer" error
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 02:09:57 -0400

=================== BUG #4743: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4743&group_id=353

Changes by: Mario D. Santana <address@hidden>
Date: Sat 08/23/2003 at 02:09 (EST5EDT)

I just realized I didn't post the full error in the original submission.  It is:
this.c:12: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
this.c:14: warning: excess elements in array initializer
<Module>::main [20A0] - ldflda at verify_obj.c:501
Uncaught exception: System.Security.VerificationException: Could not verify the
code
        at <Module>..start(String[])

HTH

=================== BUG #4743: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: santana                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted on: Thu 08/14/2003 at 01:53
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  When using initializers for struct variables, cscc
reports an error when gcc happily compiles.  The attached test case gives
warnings with cscc, though it creates output.  ilrun, however gives the
following error on the output of cscc:
  Uncaught exception: System.Security.VerificationException: Could not verify
the code
        at <Module>..start(String[])

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Sat 08/23/2003 at 02:09       By: santana
I just realized I didn't post the full error in the original submission.  It is:
this.c:12: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
this.c:14: warning: excess elements in array initializer
<Module>::main [20A0] - ldflda at verify_obj.c:501
Uncaught exception: System.Security.VerificationException: Could not verify the
code
        at <Module>..start(String[])

HTH

CC list is empty

File Attachments

Date: Thu 08/14/2003 at 01:53  Name: this.c  Size: 0KB   By: santana
test case with initialized struct variables
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?group_id=353&amp;bug_id=4743&amp;bug_file_id=600

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4743&group_id=353

  Message sent via/by Savannah