[Pnet-developers] Xsharp in FreeBSD 5.x

From: minddog
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Xsharp in FreeBSD 5.x
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:33:54 -0400 (EDT)

> ilrun pnetlib/samples/XHello.exe
Uncaught exception: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Entry point was
not found
        at Xsharp.Font.GetFontSet(Display, FontExtents&) in ./Font.cs:311
        at Xsharp.Font.GetFontSet(Display) in ./Font.cs:279
        at Xsharp.Application..ctor(String, String[]) in ./Application.cs:256
        at XHello.Main(String[]) in ./XHello.cs:29

I'm wondering what could be the culprit of this... compiled X 4.3.0 made
sure fonts were referenced etc.  Had this going on for a while now and
bringing it attention to the group.

Font.cs states:

    306                                         // Create a new font set.
    307                                         IntPtr fontSet;
    308                                         try
    309                                         {
    310                                                 IntPtr display =
dpy.Lock();
    311                                                 fontSet =
Xlib.XSharpCreateFont
    312                                                         (display,
family, pointSize, (int)style);
    313                                                 if(fontSet ==
IntPtr.Zero)
    314                                                 {
    315                                                         extents =
null;
    316                                                         return
IntPtr.Zero;
    317                                                 }
    318                                         }
    319                                         finally
    320                                         {
    321                                                 dpy.Unlock();
    322                                         }

Something might not be right with Xlib when compiled in FreeBSD, but I
dunno.  If you need the assembly let me know.  I'll file a bug report as
well.

Regards,
Adam