[Pnet-developers] pnetC: mman.h & co.

From: Mario D . Santana
Subject: [Pnet-developers] pnetC: mman.h & co.
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:09:53 -0400

Hi, all.

I'm finally going to have some uninterrupted time to work on the pnetCizing of the MACS client library. I've still not been able to compile pnetC on OS X, so I'll be working on my linux box. Most of libmacs compiles as is with cscc. The two missing bits seem to be sockets and expat.

I tried tackling expat first and hit some errors. Looks like it needs stuff from sys/mman.h so I grabbed glibc and started figuring that all out. But the glibc stuff for mman.h (grep PROT_READ) seems to be platform-dependent and, having never implemented a C library before, I wanted to get some direction before I borked up the platform-dependent bits of pnetClib. I also hit some syntax errors I'll submit as bugs to savannah.

Meanwhile, I'll go try and tackle the socket stuff. (So you may hear from me again real soon.)

Cheers!

mds