[Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing Envir

From: Yannis BRES
Subject: [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing Environment.GetSpecialFolder
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:27:22 +0200

     Hi !
     I order to have Environment.GetSpecialFolder working, I have
implemented _IL_InfoMethods_GetSpecialFolder in Engine/lib_info.c.
Environment.GetSpecialFolder(...) is just :
          return InfoMethods.GetSpecialFolder(folder);
     And InfoMethods.GetSpecialFolder is declared as
          [MethodImpl(MethodImplOptions.InternalCall)]
          extern public static String
GetSpecialFolder(Environment.SpecialFolder f);
     In Engine/int_table.c, there is an entry that looks fine :
          IL_METHOD("GetSpecialFolder",
                    "(vSpecialFolder;)oSystem.String;",
                    _IL_InfoMethods_GetSpecialFolder,
                    marshal_ppi)
     However, Environment.GetSpecialFolder keeps on throwing
System.NotImplementedException, and _IL_InfoMethods_GetSpecialFolder is
never actually called.
     Could you please tell me what is missing ?
     By the way, in InfoMethods.cs, the comment preceding GetSpecialFolder
states that null is returned when the special folder is not known.  However,
it seems that the MS Framework never returns null although it does return
empty strings for Desktop and MyComputer, which are virtual folders.
     Best regards,
          Yannis

ESSI                                    http://www.essi.fr
Attaché Temporaire d'Enseignement et de Recherche
INRIA  -  Equipe Mimosa                 http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa
Collaborateur Extérieur                 +33 (4) 92 38 79 67
+33 (6) 60 38 79 52                     http://www.yannis.bres.name