[Pnet-developers] A question about verifier code

From: Gopal V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] A question about verifier code
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 14:12:04 +0530

Hi,

case IL_OP_LDELEMA:
{
        /* Load the address of an array element */
        if(STK_BINARY_1 == ILEngineType_O &&
           (STK_BINARY_2 == ILEngineType_I4 || STK_BINARY_2 == ILEngineType_I)
&&
           (elemType = ArrayElementType(stack[stackSize - 2].typeInfo)) != 0)
        {
                classType = GetTypeToken(method, pc);
                if(classType &&
                   (elemType == ILType_Void || ILTypeIdentical(elemType,
classType)))
                {
                        ILCoderArrayAccess(coder, opcode, STK_BINARY_2,
classType);

So why are we outputting the type of the elemType ?.. Shouldn't we be like
outputting &elemType ? ... That seems to be what rectangular arrays are
spitting out ..

call instance valuetype MyStruct & valuetype MyStruct[,]::Address(int32, int32)

Which means that I ran into quite a few problems handling both cases..
Any quick advice ?.

Gopal