[Pnet-developers] [Bug #2747] ILASM Strange duplicate definition for `.c

From: nobody
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2747] ILASM Strange duplicate definition for `.ctor'
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 00:54:22 -0500

=================== BUG #2747: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2747&group_id=353

Changes by: Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
Date: Wed 04/02/2003 at 05:54 (GMT)

I couldn't find the test1.il file that you refer to.

The two definitions that conflict are as follows:

.method family hidebysig specialname rtspecialname instance void
'.ctor'(unsigned int32 'gtype') cil managed
.method public hidebysig specialname rtspecialname instance void
'.ctor'(unsigned int32 'socket_id') cil managed

These are indeed in conflict - changing the name of the parameter doesn't
change the signature.

Looks like "not a bug" to me, but I'll leave it open for a
couple of days bit to give you a chance to supply
"test1.il" for comparison.

=================== BUG #2747: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: mdupont                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted on: Sat 03/08/2003 at 17:02
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  Test1.il and test2.il have the same signatures.
Test1.il compiles and test2.il does not
for some reason the test2 complains about a duplicate method!

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Sat 03/08/2003 at 17:08       By: mdupont
this is the file that works