Re: [Dotgnu-general] Fwd: dotGNU wiki is down

From: Zhang Cong
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-general] Fwd: dotGNU wiki is down
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 22:24:12 +0800

Hi,

   As  .Net Foundation was created, maybe it's a good time to make dotgnu work again:)

   The BCL and C# was very powerful and elegant:)

Cong Zhang

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Alan Shea Anderson-Priddy <address@hidden> wrote:
Brandon,
Thanks for writing back. I read that the project was no longer under dev, but I misunderstood all of what that meant as far as a maintainer. I do have an interest in the dotGNU project, so I'm glad the information is still up on the website.

I'm definitely interested in volunteering, though being a maintainer might be deeper than what I'm prepared for at the moment. Maybe being more familiar with the community would help me. So I'm reading about these projects on https://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#unmaint which is interesting. Seems like it would be helpful if someone went through and filled in pages such as https://www.gnu.org/software/polyxmass/ so that it has a little bit more of the GNU website feel instead of just a few lines of text. Is that something that would be helpful? Is there a Savannah page or an issue tracker for the GNU website itself?

I noticed the questionnaire for GNU projects. Is there one for new volunteers? I'm still reading through these pages, so if there is maybe I'll find it myself.

Thanks,
-Alan

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Brandon Invergo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Alan,

> Looks like Norbert's email address is down; the message bounced
> back. Sending this to both the dotgun-general and the gnu maintainers.
> Looks like the http://wiki.dotgnu.org/WebsiteComments/projects page is
> down. Or perhaps the entire wiki.

Thanks for your message.  dotgnu was decommissioned a little over a year
ago.  There's a message about it on www.gnu.org/s/dotgnu and
www.dotgnu.org.  This means that there is currently no development
effort and no official maintainer for the project anymore, nor are we
actively seeking a new maintainer.  With that said, if someone is
interested in volunteering to maintain and actively develop dotgnu, we
of course would not say no!

Regards,
Brandon Invergo