[DotGNU]RE: [Pnet-developers] VSProjects directory

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: [DotGNU]RE: [Pnet-developers] VSProjects directory
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:08:46 -0400

I did - as you probably guessed - and Id really like to have it in -
please!! :)
I have had a lot of requests for the updated visual studio projects and
from people not setting them up properly. I promise to keep them up to
date and handle any of the "out of date issues" or problems people have.
I will also research a more automated way of keeping the two in sync -
and if possible Ill write something. I do know that its damn tricky to
setup the projects properly because you have to get all the references
right and the use advanced options to exclude mscorlib - so I don't
think the tool could be completely automated but it could update the
project with any newly added files.

If I include the visual studio projects, people can easily convert them
to many different formats - for instance to use the free Sharp Develop
and whatever other free tools are available that support the visual
studio projects.

Ive spent 5 hours today getting them to work really well without
touching anything inside the standard environment and making sure that
the projects will build no matter what.

Please please can I add it??

Neil

VS