Re: [DotGNU]AssemblyAttribute

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]AssemblyAttribute
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:18:05 +1000

On Monday 05 July 2004 02:23 pm, Marcus wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why AssemblyAttribute is omitted,

Which namespace is this supposed to live in and what are its contents?
Because I cannot find it on MSDN in the usual places.  A pointer to the
relevant documentation would be appreciated.

> and there's a "fake" AssemblyAttributeGoesHere?

Those are because of a bug in Microsoft's ilasm.  It outputs references to
those classes on assemblies and modules, and MS's CLR will load them even
though the MS versions are technically "internal".  Adding them to pnet
allows programs built with Microsoft's assembler to run on pnet.