Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 for MinGW (back-port)

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 for MinGW (back-port)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:25:01 -0400

Maciek Plewa wrote:

Earnie Boyd wrote:

With MinGW you would use _spawnv instead of fork and execv and _cwait instead of waitpid.

I've used _cwait but I went with CreateProcess instead of _spawnv.

The difference is that _spawnv is more portable.

You'll have to do what libtool does and split the line. IIRC, the limit is somewhere around 25000 dependent upon which flavor of windows.

It's 32768 chars, while for example csant passes about 48,000 chars when building pnetlib.

It will depend on the version of the OS.  Not all are that big.

I'll look at libtool, but now I'm thinking about using a response file, as suggested by Gopal.

So just to recap, the pnet version in the download link provided in the previous message works fine for most tasks, as long as the command line is less than 32,767 chars.

Sound good.

Earnie

--
http://www.mingw.org