Re: [DotGNU]__gc arrays

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]__gc arrays
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:51:24 +1000

On Thursday 22 April 2004 03:50 am, Alex Stephens wrote:
> Btw, is there any chance of
> getting a C++ compiler for dotgnu in the relatively near future?

For some value of "near" > 3 years perhaps. :-)

Doing the managed bits of C++ is not difficult, as it is just C# bolted onto
the side of C.  But the unmanaged bits will be very hard.

> I think the Mono team are working on one...

Do you have a URL for this?

Off-topic P.S.: It looks like Mono has finally gotten a CVM-style interpreter.
No mention of where they got the idea from, of course ... *sigh*