[DotGNU]File Dialogs Implemented in Portable.NET

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]File Dialogs Implemented in Portable.NET
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:19:20 +1000

Hi all!

I have implemented the open and save file dialog classes in Portable.NET's
System.Windows.Forms implementation.  The obligatory screenshot is here:

    http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/filedlg1.png

This shows the "ImageViewer" sample program (in CVS), with a few images
displayed in MDI child windows, and the file dialog popped up ready to open
another file.

The dialog implementation is relatively simple: there is only one display mode
for files (small icons, no details).  If anyone wants to play around with
making it fancier, then be my guest.  The main body of the code is in the
"FileDialog" class.

There are some other common dialogs that we will need eventually; particularly
ColorDialog, FontDialog, PrintDialog, and PageSetupDialog.  So, if you're
looking for something to do, then have a go at one of those.  The
"FileDialog" and "MessageBox" classes should give you a good idea about how
to create a dialog box and manage its controls.