[DotGNU]Re: [C-FIT_Community] MS Office 2003 XML patented

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [C-FIT_Community] MS Office 2003 XML patented
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:48:50 -0500

Yes, but it doesn't appear anybody in this cc list captured it.

Seth

iriXx wrote:

> Seth - can you post the full original to the list, or privately to me?
>
> i'm collecting evidence (arent we all?) on MS's anti-GPL tactics...
>
> m~
>
> Seth Johnson wrote:
>
> >It doesn't have the GPL language described in the original message:
> >
> >"You are not licensed to distribute a Licensed Implementation under
> >license terms and conditions that prohibit the terms and conditions of
> >this license.
> >
> >"You are not licensed to sublicense or transfer your rights.  The
> >licence is royalty free, but GPL §7 requires the right to sublicence
> >patent rights to the people who obtain a GPL program from you."
> >
> >Seth

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.