[DotGNU]BitTorrents for DotGNU 0.1

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]BitTorrents for DotGNU 0.1
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:29:38 +0100 (CET)

BitTorrents for DotGNU 0.1 are available now!

http://download.freedom.biz/dotgnu/

(If you are not familiar with BitTorrent, check it out at
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ ... it's a Free Software
P2P technology that allows you to make files available in a
way that limits your bandwidth usage but downloads will still
work smoothly even under slashdot effect loads.)

Here's a general overview of how DotGNU 0.1 is / will be
avaliable:

a) The entire CD-ROM

- - download a gzip'ed iso image via BitTorrent

- - purchase a CD-ROM from a commercial vendor (it will soon be
  available from CeapBytes.com and possibly other vendors too)
  or ask a friend to burn one for you.

b) DotGNU Portable.NET

- - on the CD-ROM (obviously :-)

- - download source code from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu/pnet/
  or one of the mirrors

- - download precompiled binaries via BitTorrent

- - download source code via BitTorrent

- - (coming soon: as soon as I have verified that the installer
  packages for the MS Windows system are 100% compliant with
  the strict policy requirements for ftp.gnu.org we will make
  them available from there too)

c) DGEE - DotGNU Execution Environment

- - on the CD-ROM (obviously :-)

- - download source code via http (it's not on ftp.gnu.org yet,
  but will be soon...  for now use the - recently updated! -
  download links at http://dotgnu.org/downloads.html )

- - download rpm / src.rpm packages via BitTorrent

- - download source code via BitTorrent

d) phpGroupWare

- - on the CD-ROM (obviously :-)

- - download via BitTorrent