[DotGNU]A easy to write cross platform GUI package for pnet.

From: jscottb
Subject: [DotGNU]A easy to write cross platform GUI package for pnet.
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:49:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking about putting together a quick little Assembly to get to
Tcl/Tk with for use by myself and others for *.NET.  I have used Tk from
Tcl and C in the past for my GUI's and it works great on more platforms
with less work.  I'm not saying it's the best way, by far, but for a
"quick hack" simple GUI's it can hardly be beat.

Anyway, a co-worker told me at lunch that MS had one in the Rotor code,
is this true?  I do not have rotor, nor do I plan on getting it to see.
Ether way, I plan to implement my own interface to libtcl.so and libtk.so (or
.dll for windows)  If the code is in rotor I do not think I'd be in any
violation.  Does anyone see a problem with this?

thanks,
scott