Re: [DotGNU]Cocoa#

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Cocoa#
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:23:29 +1000

On Sunday 12 October 2003 03:26 pm, Oscar Papel wrote:

> (1) CocoaAPI.framework - This is unmanged code written in C & Objective-C
> that provides an interop target to Cocoa.  Until interop can directly
> support objective-C classes (not too likely) this will be necessary.

It may be worth investigating this further.  Interop for C++ is difficult
because there is insufficient ABI (Application Binary Interface) information
in the binaries to hook off.  We should look into the Objective-C ABI to see
if we can do better with that language.

Are there Perl or Python bindings (or something similar) for Cocoa?  Perhaps
we can start there for ideas on interop.