Re: [DotGNU]Howdy

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Howdy
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:18:53 +1000

On Thursday 26 June 2003 10:19 am, Shawn Wagner wrote:

> I've been poking a bit at the glibc and uClibc source trees, and so far the
> latter seems like it'd be easier to port into pnetC. Are you dead set on
> glibc?

Since Portable.NET is part of the GNU Project, "glibc" is more in line
politically with where we need to be.  Eventually I'd like pnetC to fold back
into "glibc" so that it isn't necessary to maintain two separate GNU C
libraries.  It will be easier to do that if we start from the same base.

So, yes, it's annoying to port.  But better for the project in the long term.
It will also help us track down bugs in cscc's C compiler more quickly, since
"glibc" puts more demands on the compiler than "uClibc" does.