Re: [DotGNU]Portable.Net Windows Installers Posted

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.Net Windows Installers Posted
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:23:56 +0530

If memory serves me right, Robert Johnson wrote:
> Inno Installer
> Nullsoft Installer

Personally I have no problems with having 2 installer for this ...
But I prefer the NSIS because it's so small and fast .. (but because
of the script complexity, which is a developer problem mainly :-) ...
Since none of the pnet framework needs any of the registry or ocx
registration , we're actually an xcopy install system :-)

I nominate NSIS ... (which seems to be under an open source license ,
which is FS compatible ?)

> you think about the installers and code. I have gotten
> some e-mails from people who would like to try out the
> latest Portable.Net on windows and are looking for the
> current installation release. I like to get back to
> them to where to get the latest installation when
> there is a decision made on which installer to use.

Get back to them and tell them about both ... and ask for
a review  -- nothing like REAL user feedback to decide
on something like this.

Gopal