Re: [DotGNU]Generic IL support in Portable.NET

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Generic IL support in Portable.NET
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:55:24 -0800 (PST)

This is very exciting rhys!

My questions are :
1. Is there a test case library?
2. What tools support this?
3. What new IL commands are added, what docs are available?
4. Have you added this support to ilasm/ildasm?

> We'll have to go through the compiler and find everywhere where
> casts,
> coercions, and other type handling is performed, and see if we need
> to add
> new cases.  Lots of fun for all the family! :-)

Well, we need to look at the type coheresions in general.

This brings me to my pet peeve, error reporting. But I put that into a
separate mail, so we don't distract.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont