Re: [DotGNU]David Stuz leaves Microsoft

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]David Stuz leaves Microsoft
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:51:29 +1000

On Monday 17 February 2003 01:31 am, Timothy Rue wrote:
> On 15-Feb-03 17:27:05 Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
>  RW> http://www.synthesist.net/writing/onleavingms.html
>
>  RW> So what you say?  Well, David was the guy in charge of the Rotor
>  RW> project.  His  comments about MS "not getting it" about OSS are
>  RW> interesting in that context  at least.
>
>  RW> Cheers,
>
>  RW> Rhys.
>
> what I say is:
>
> As a safe general perspective, it is wise to not so quickly trust anyone
> or anything comming from MS. [...]

All very interesting comments.

However, I'm having some trouble understanding how this is relevant to David
Stutz leaving Microsoft ...

Perhaps you meant to post this in the separate patent thread.  In that case,
what precisely is your point?  That DotGNU should stop doing the CLI?  That
we should do it a way with clear prior art patent trails?  That we should do
whatever we like, but remember that MS is a tricky operator?  What?  Exactly
what advice do you wish to impart other than "MS is the beast".