Re: AW: [DotGNU]Windows specifica

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: AW: [DotGNU]Windows specifica
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:22:28 +1000

On Sunday 16 February 2003 07:09 pm, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

> Oh no, no: I don't want to build PNet _itself_ using VC++, but only
> build some app with VC++ which merely links in statically PNet libs
> that I have previously built using MingW.

OK.

> So, I linked against those *.lib, but it didn't work.

The object files must be built for DLL use also.  The *.a files contain
objects that were compiled for static linking.

> This is how far I got up to now:
>
> I had to modify "il_values.h" due to ..
>
> il_values.h(71) : error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
> il_values.h(72) : error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal

I'll rearrange the primary copy of "il_values.h" accordingly.

> LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__iob" imported
> LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "___mb_cur_max" imported
> LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__pctype" imported
> LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__timezone" imported
> libILEngine.a(cvm.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___divdi3

Are you sure that you are compiling against the mingw32 libraries?  These look
like what happens with cygwin.  You should do a "make distclean" followed by
"./configure --disable-cygwin".  If you don't do a full "distclean", then
bits and pieces of the cygwin build may be still lying around.  Better yet,
start with a clean CVS checkout.

If that doesn't work, then you'll probably have to wait for us to integrate
real dynamic library support into pnet.