Re: [DotGNU]Jabber.NET

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Jabber.NET
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:17:01 -0800 (PST)

--- Simon Guindon <address@hidden> wrote:

> ./bedrock/util/Version.cs:378: circularity detected in class
> definition
> Code:    public class RCSAttribute : SourceVersionAttribute
> Reason:  No idea

What are all the parents of these classes?

> ./bedrock/util/Version.cs:407: no matching method for call
> ./bedrock/net/AsyncSocket.cs:420: invalid operands to binary `!='
> Code:    if ((e.ErrorCode != 10053) &&
> Reason:  No idea

this looks like a conversion error. try casting errorcode to an bool
bool ec = false;
if (e.ErrorCode <> 0) { ec= true; }
like (ec) != 10053)

or change the errorcode method to return a bool.

> ./bedrock/util/Complex.cs:219: invalid operands to binary `*'
> Code:    return Math.Exp(m_real) * new Complex( Math.Cos(m_imag),
> Math.Sin(m_imag));
> Reason:  No idea

looks like the * is not defined on that pair..

> ./bedrock/util/Complex.cs:304: called object is not a method or
> delegate
> Code:    return -I * ((this*I) + (1 - (this * this)).Sqrt()).Log();
> Reason:  No idea

try .Log ?

> ./bedrock/util/GetOptBase.cs:309: called object is not a method or
> delegate
> Code:    MemberInfo[] mis = t.FindMembers(MemberTypes.All,
>                                           BindingFlags.Public |
> BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Static | BindingFl$
>                                           New
> MemberFilter(AttrMemberFilter),
>
> typeof(CommandLineAttribute));
> Reason:  No idea
Maybe reflectoin does not work. Can you turn this into a small test
case?

> Code:    m.Groups[X].ToString()
> Reason:  No idea

I have had problems like this before,
where you are calling a method, but dont need the () at the end.
Maybe you need to upcast some object to a specific type?

more later.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont