[DotGNU]huge structs with ilrun , problems

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]huge structs with ilrun , problems
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:12:17 +0530

Hey All,
        I was looking at some IL code from somewhere which used a large
struct of about 40000 bytes which was causing StackOverflowExceptions
for ilrun. I did what every bug hunter does -- wrote a binary search
test suite to hit upon the magic number where the bug starts . So here
it is .

char big[32732]; // works
char very_big[32733]; // StackOverflowException

Strange ?

I had expected the libgc to give me some message about blacklisted
blocks etc... and run it a hell of a lot slower ...

What could be a good solution to this problem ? ..

Btw, how much did the original BrainF&ck.net allocate for its virtual
memory section ?.

Gopal