[DotGNU]Porting with testdrive.hp.com

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Porting with testdrive.hp.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:06:08 +1000

While at Linux.conf.au 2003, I learnt about the existence of testdrive.hp.com,
which gives people access to various HP machines for testing builds.

I'm currently using this to test ia64 and alpha builds under Debian GNU/Linux.
Others in the DotGNU community may want to try out other OS/CPU combinations
using the machines provided.  Hopefully I should have the outstanding ia64
and alpha problems resolved soon.

There is only telnet and ftp access to the machines, so you'll have to bundle
up your CVS tree and ftp it to the machines first, as it isn't possible to do
a CVS check out onto the HP boxes.

Many thanks to Bdale Garbee, the current Debian Project Leader, for pointing
this site out to the conference attendees.  And thanks to HP for providing
this service in the first place.