[DotGNU]Linux.conf.au 2003 trip report

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Linux.conf.au 2003 trip report
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:17:47 +1000

Hi all,

The main conference just finished a couple of hours ago, and so I thought that
I'd send in this quick report before I lose net access for a couple of days.
I will be back in Brisbane on Jan 28, 2003.

I gave my presentation today on the Portable.NET interpreter and it went over
well.  There was quite a bit of interest in Portable.NET and DotGNU at the
conference from people that I talked to both before and during the
presentation.

Hopefully we will get some more people dropping in to have a look, tell their
friends, etc.  Our hard work on DotGNU coding and PR is starting to pay off
with mindshare in the community - lots more good things to come.

The rest of the conference was fantastic.  If any of you can possibly make it,
then I certainly suggest trying to get down here next year for Linux.conf.au
2004 in Adelaide (probably Jan or Feb - stay tuned).  Linus turned up, as did
Alan Cox, Australia's very own Rusty Russell, and a bunch of other kernel
hackers.  Samba was also represented with a big Aussie contingent.  Debian is
huge too - half of the attendees were Debian users and developers.

When I get back, I will put up the slides and the paper more prominently on my
Web site.  For now, I'm going to do the tourist thing in Perth for a couple
of days, and then back into pnet mid-week once I'm back in Brisbane.