Re: [DotGNU]Development

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Development
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:39:21 +0530

If memory serves me right, Kunle Odutola wrote:
> <grumble>
> A single all-inclusive Portable.NET source archive would be nice. If
> pnet-0.5.0 is such an archive that contains everthing else then, it needs to
> be clearly labelled as such on both sites.
> </grumble>

pnet-0.5.0 is a ``make dist'' of the pnet CVS module in dotgnu-pnet project.
It contains all the native components of Portable.net and does not contain
*any* C# ... This becomes 3 RPMs pnet-interpreter , pnet-compiler and
pnet-tools ..

pnetlib-0.5.0 is a ``make dist'' of the pnetlib module and contains all the
C# code needed for Portable.net.. One single RPM pnetlib,noarch

pnetC-0.5.0 is the C stdlib for the Managed C plugin for CSCC and you need
this only if you intend to use the various libc functions with Managed C .
(printf,puts,strcmp...etc...) ... The compiler does not depend on this unless
your code uses any such functions ... (int i=10; does not need pnetC to
compile :)

Each of these tar files are ideal for building the RPMs and .debs which
is why they're seperate like this . I wouldn't want another copy of those
tarballs in either website ....

I'll add a description of each file , the first thing tomorrow...

Gopal