Fwd: Re: [DotGNU]DGEE Pre Release

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Fwd: Re: [DotGNU]DGEE Pre Release
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:04:08 +0000

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 20:34, Gopal wrote:
> Was a bug in the dgeeconf.xml which was missing a "/" in the paths ..
> (actually chris figured it out ...)

I've fixed the src for this.  Will upload a new version in a bit.

> Other than the slight segfaults pnet is giving on multiple requests (very
> very strangely the daemon seem to survive such violent crashes) .... I have
> success ... And this is only for even requests , odd requests seem to run
> just fine ?.. (so must be some silly thing).
>
> <log>
>
> 2003/01/01 01:55:22 01850:302:/DGEE/VM/pnetExec:ERR > gw_svc_call for
> '/DGEE/RM/GetBytecode' failed with code 11 [Internal System Failure]
>
> </log>

Missleading error this.  11 is not a segv but goldwater error GWE_SYSFAIL -
Internal System Failure.

If you do an ipcs -u and ipcs -l you'll probably find that your message
queues are maxed out. Goldwater cycles through booted server instances for
each request, so one of them is having problems.
Every apache child process will consume a message queue, so you'll need a
lot.  See the DGEE INSTALL document on what to do to sort that out.

At least I think it's lack of message queues that is causing the problem....

> And the introspection into the webservice in HTML form is really cool !..

It's all generated from the .dgmx file - so as long as we can generate a dgmx
file for a webservice we will have documentation!  Even if the webservice is
written in a language that doesn't support reflection/meta-data etc.

> Also the xmlrpc really works, I checked it ...

DotGNU.XmlRpc needs a lot of work !  Then we'll be able to support structs
and arrays.  Some help with this would be good, particularly on the client
side.

At Gopals suggestion, I'm going to change the installation so that it can go
in /usr/local or somewhere.  I'll also fix the 'who it needs to run as' issue
as it's silly as it is.

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.