[DotGNU]Different function call semantics

From: HAESSIG Jean-Christophe
Subject: [DotGNU]Different function call semantics
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:34:42 +0100

Hello,

Thank you all for the great work you do !

I'm reading the list for some time now (I'm just a lurker right now)...

I have understood that DotGNU should be open to use various languages,
while keeping them compatible (that is, being able to call functions
that have been written in another language). However I wonder how a
language like Forth could be integrated because it allows more than
one return value in function calls. Of course it should be possible
to "pack" all the values in an array but such a simple approach would
be annoying when there is only one return value.
This is only an example. There may be other langages having problems
with their conceptual structure. I only want to know if good solutions
already exist to address such problems.

Haessig Jean-Christophe