Re: [DotGNU]Last call for 'This Year ...'

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Last call for 'This Year ...'
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:08:46 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> * Public Relations

The DotGNU Public Relations working group is a small body of developers
who have taken up the  responsibility  of delivering the project to the
end  users. After  all , knowing is  half  the doing. In the last year,
this working group has been able to put out some very fine announcements
about DotGNU .

This working group is also a policy working group which decides on the
public policy of the project. In short , we say what needs to be said.
Also this includes avoiding possible  controversial  statements by the
project   members   representing  the  project teams. Various articles
appearing on news sites like slashdot , gnu-friends and newsforge have
squeezed out of this deceptively small door of this working group.

The Meet-a-thon was initially organized as part of the PR strategy and
became an integral part of  public interaction for the projects . Also
the weekly IRC meetings have brought about a new level of communication
between the DotGNU developers around the world.

To conclude, this year has kept the PR team real busy , and we're glad
about that too !.

> projects summary without pnet,

*ahem*..

I'm working on an article on pnet this year which will not be a project
summary, but rather an overview of this project..

And here's that IRC Chat Person identification tag for the meet-a-thon.

Nick : t3rmin4t0r
Name : Gopal .V
Email: address@hidden
Role : Pnetlib lead developer, patch manager, PR and other stuff guy.
Like : "Shh.. be very,very quiet . I'm hunting bugs."

Gopal