Re: [DotGNU]Arm linux Portable.net attempt

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Arm linux Portable.net attempt
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:55:57 +0530

If memory serves me right, minddog wrote:
> familiar:/usr/src/dotgnu/pnet/samples# ilrun hello.exe
> An exception occurred which could not be converted into a string

Hm... curious .... the engine ran !! ... and threw a gibberish exception.
Which is kinda good news ....

And btw, the "./configure --profile=tiny" is not really ideal for debugging
purposes unless you are someone who peers over memory with hex (like Rhys).

But if it was a normal profile , Could you do a

(gdb) break ILExecThreadSetException
(gdb) run
(gdb)bt

Dump it and send it along ? ... (if you get something) ...

The problem might be anything from a corrupted resource file to a *real*
bug ...

> thats the attempt at running a compiled program with ilasm and i get the same
> with cscc...maybe something in the codegen?

Did you compile the pnetlib on ARM ? ... (if you did, please move it to
your favourite x86 box and run the "make check" on it with the x86 ilrun).

> Just want you guys to know its coming along for total cross-platform.

We were cross platform from day #1 , it was not an afterthought ... It was
a design criterion ...

Gopal