Re: [DotGNU]RedHat 8.0 teething pains

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]RedHat 8.0 teething pains
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 05:13:32 +0530

If memory serves me right, j_post wrote:
> ./configure complains that treecc isn't installed, though "treecc -v" gives
> the expected output. Running "TREECC=/usr/local/bin/treecc ./configure"
> works, but the problem is even worse with pnetlib. Why do I need to specify
> "TREECC=..." when /usr/local/bin is in my path? for ./configure in pnetlib I
> need to specify a lot more stuff to get it to run (even though all the
> programs are in /usr/local/bin).

Try running ./madcow in pnet CVS .... (just to see how diagnostic it is)...

> After these gyrations, make runs ok for pnet, but make for pnetlib results in
> "/nologo.iltmp: Permission denied".  ??? Everything worked with RH7.2.

really curious ... it seems to use the MS CSC syntax for the build ? ...
This means that the mstools got enabled somehow ...

The config.log in both the build directories might provide answers ...
did you try building the 0.4.8 release on Rh 8.0 ? ... its pre-packaged
./configure should help us to check if the issue is with the autoconf
that came with Rh 8.0 ....

Hope that helps,
Gopal