Re: [DotGNU]hello!

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]hello!
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:42:26 +0530

If memory serves me right, Jason Lee wrote:
> guys start things. Been looking for a free / os project for quite a
> while and i like a lot of what i'm seeing with dotgnu.

Me too ... I like it very much :-) ... and I'm not talking about
Portable.net alone ...

> My c# is pretty good and I already downloaded the pnetlib source and
> got everything to compile and such. I've been looking specifically at
> the Net namespace. My main dev boxes and are where i could prob contrib
> the most are Linux and Mac os x 10.2.2 (tibook 1gz! :)

I think System.Net namespace is where we're the most behind the ECMA
spec in the "number of classes missing" count ...

IIRC, Mac OS X had some problem with the byte order in IPAddress ...
I'm not sure, though someone said that "make check" failed on that ..
Could you try doing a make check on pnetlib on OS X ?...

> If possible, I'd love to jump into the pnetlib stuff. Look forward to a
> reply.

You're welcome to dive right in ...

Gopal