Re: [DotGNU]PR news

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PR news
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:17:32 +0530

If memory serves me right, Simon Guindon wrote:
> Good news on the PR front.  Once we get some Jabber proof-of-concepts going,
> I got backing from Jabber Inc the company.

I have got pnet upto mark for running Mono's System.Xml.dll , though
I'm still facing slight issues with enums in that .dll, looking into
it though ...

I managed to parse a simple .xml file with that .dll replacing Pnet's
System.Xml.dll .... Though we are faced with a number of problems if
we want to compile System.Xml.dll from the mono libs.

Joe Hildebrand's Jabber.Net seems to need Async I/O for the sockets
thing, which I must say is a gray area for me ... Other than that, I'm
working on the passing types into Attribute arguments...

> help us promote our jabber support, which will definately be good news for
> DotGNU as its weakest strength is its promotion.

Which is good news for both , as we're planning a particularly unique
way of using Jabber ... (pulls down tinfoil hat ...)

Gopal