[DotGNU]Diagnosing problems with "madcow"

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Diagnosing problems with "madcow"
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:34:59 +1000

There have been quite a few build issues lately (forgetting to run
auto_gen.sh, platform-dependent #include issues, etc).

I thought I would formalize the diagnostic process a little by writing
a script that can diagnose the most common problems, and log everything
as it goes.  User who are having problems can run the script and then
send us the log for further study.

So, without further ado, let me introduce you to the "madcow" script
within the CVS "pnet" tree.  It is an agressively cheerful build
assistant that walks the user through the build process and points
out common problems.  Even if you aren't having problems building,
it is still much more interesting than ye ole "./configure;make".

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.  "Use the Mad Cow" is
hereby a valid answer to "I can't get pnet to build!". :-)

                    (__)
                    (oo)
                      ||     | \

P.S. I was going to call it "paperclip", but thought better of it.
Besides, I couldn't find an ASCII Art version of the paperclip. :-)