Re: [DotGNU]Overriding C++ virtual methods in C#

From: Adam Treat
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Overriding C++ virtual methods in C#
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:02:04 -0500

On Friday 06 December 2002 02:46 pm, Gopal V wrote:
> So this adds up to n classes x m virtual methods .... (equals a lot of
> glue code)... almost 400 classes of code for this... which is as bad as
> depending on QtC ? ..
>
> This would work *even* in a multiple inheritance scenario ..... IMHO
> this the "ugly but possible" way ....  (overriding every method is a
> way out of the ambiguity of the MI diamond).
>
> But I guess we've reached a solution here ... cumbersome maybe, but a
> workable solution still...
>
> All I can say is that I tried my best to think up a "clean" and OO idea ,
> but couldn't ... :-(

Yes, it is cumbersome and a heck of a lot of glue code, but then we already
have that with QtC.  Note, I can eliminate a few of the calls if we call
directly into Qt lib for some of the methods.  This is still a lot of glue
code though, but it is better than no solution.  I tried to find a more
elegant way, but i'm stumped at this point.  So, we'll go ahead with this
method until someone somewhere can dream up a better solution ;)  Thanks for
all your help Gopal,

Adam