Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Defining WebServices (NetServices???)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Defining WebServices (NetServices???)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:13:35 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> It's a good idea to set up a MS compatible system in the short term, but the
> webservices interface spec is meant for the long term. Let me restate: the
> way I see things there are 2 paths taken to the DGEE at the moment. The
> first is the short term path to setting up an .NET compatible system to get
> things working fast. The second is the long term path to setting up an
> .NET independent system to get things working well. It's kinda like Rhys
> motto: 'Make it work, then make it work better', I'm working on the second
> part already.

Since I'm not an expert in webservice APIs and have 0 experience on that
matter , I'm perhaps not qualfied to design it ... :-)

All I can say is this , we're going to face a set of problems during the
development of the .NET compatible version.... Some problems which are
equally relevant for the better version .... I'd rather see how MS designers
solved them before designing (or even reinventing) the solution... Most of
these problems will be abstract , so a review of the API may be able
to suggest a solution ...

Gopal