RE: [DotGNU]resources translated into german

From: Rainer Groesslinger
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]resources translated into german
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:46:58 +0100

> If memory serves me right, Rainer Groesslinger wrote:
> > It's not complete and I didn't check it for misspellings or strange
> > grammar...So some input from German user would be useful (and
> please go on
> > translating :)
>
> Considering the fact that nobody else has reviewed this ... am I safe
> to assume that commiting this is OK ?
>
> (will wait till sunday with this)
>
> Gopal
> --
> The difference between insanity and genius is measured by success

Well, it's a start, but I wouldn't call it useful...I'll go on translating
but I'd say currently it looks like

50% translated
25% translated, but "bad german" or strange translation
25% not translated

(only a guess but you can see, using the translated resources is more or
less useless...)

Personally, I'd say don't use them for anything but tell a user about it if
he's german :)
Additionally, it depends on how much the resource text changes with every
release...If there are many things changed/added I think I wouldn't be able
to maintain it over a not-so-short time but if there are only ~20
changes/additions with every release it's ok, of course...

I'll now try to finish the translation and I'll post to the list again when
it's done (sunday evening ?)...Afterwards I'll review it for bad/incorrect
sentences...(monday or tuesday...I am out of town from wednesday morning
until friday evening).

Rainer Groesslinger